W is 8 weeks old tomorrow. That means in 4 weeks I'm back at work. I know its too early to start dreading it - but I do! I will so miss his little face every minute of the day - and T's energy and excitement over things like "laundry day!" I swear I have the best boys on earth! I'm gonna miss them! But it will be good to get back to a routine -- I reserve the right to revoke that statement in a few weeks when I'm exhausted and my house is a wreck!
I know I'm not exactly a stay at home mom (SAHM) but I've been impersonating one for 8 weeks now and to compare the two lives neither one is "easier" there are benefits to both - a SAHM never gets a break but she also doesn't come home after 10 hours away and tries to fit in 10 hours of bonding and quality time in before bed - as well as cooking a healthy dinner, doing laundry, dishes, and bedtime. See a SAHM has more time at HOME. You can throw a load of laundry in at any point during the day. At any point during the day you can take something out of the freezer for dinner. This WOHM spends 4 days of every week kicking myself for not remembering to take anything out to defrost. Yet a WOHM gets to have her own identity more so than a SAHM. Its nice to know that should the bottom fall out of my life - we WILL survive. Some SAHMs don't have that safety net. Paula Deen is my new working mom mentor. Look what she did on her own with her two boys -- surely if she can do that I can manage this life of mine - I've got SuperDad to help me out! (Although Super Dad does have more laundry and is a pickier eater than the boys! = However his skills at helping me not lose my mind on a daily basis is worth his laundry alone! )
I think I've decided that no life is ideal. No life is perfect. You just take the good and take the bad and then you have the .... oh wait my musical ADD just kicked in.... sorry! Where was I? Oh yeah... live your life and enjoy the benefits you have. WOHM's enjoy the break you get - and don't worry about the laundry! You have to work tomorrow anyway so no one will be home to notice that its stacking up. Kiss your babies cause they grow faster than laundry. Remember - quality time doesn't have to be expensive or fancy. It just has to be done TOGETHER. Sometimes quality time is baking cookies and sometimes its doing laundry. Just make it fun whatever it is and it counts. I'm writing this now to refer to later when i need to remember that. No one is perfect. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment