Sunday, August 22, 2010

Happy One Month Wilson!

Today is Wilson's one month old bday! (Well Friday was when I started writing!) Happy Birthday sweet little man! I really thought if I got up at 8am it'd be enough time to get us out of the door! Yeah not so much! LOL! (I didn't even plan on drying my hair or putting on makeup!) We escaped the house in a fury of flying shoes, burp clothes and diapers at 9:30 -- for our 9:40 doctors appt in Matthews.

Oops!

Luckily the doctors office was running behind to! Thankful for small miracles! Baby Wilson weighed 6lbs 4oz 3 days after he was born -- today he was a WHOPPING 9lbs 1.5oz! GO BABY GO!! That is almost 3lbs in a month! For a preemie that is (doctors words) "OUTSTANDING!" Yep I knew it. I only have outstanding children! He is also now 22 inches long -- 2 inch growth! He is an overachiever just like big brother! We are going to work on setting up a bedtime now - for now 10pm and we will gradually move it up. I'm excited to have a plan of a schedule!

After that we went to Panera to celebrate where Terry begged for a cinnamon roll and a bear claw thing.  I got one of each and he got to eat half of each. He was thrilled! We ran home and  grabbed the stroller and pumped up the tires for a big adventure! SOUTHPARK MALL! We got to the mall and got in ok -- even returned all the baby girl clothes I bought incase we had a girl. We ran into a problem when I took my hand off the stroller for an instant to hand the lady a credit card. Terry picked that moment to knock the stroller over! Car seat tumbled out (with baby in it - Thank God he was strapped in!) car keys, cell phone,  water bottle - all went flying. I threw my wallet down to grab the baby and its contents went flying. OY!

After we got everything picked up and straightened out we took a breather and talked about NOT touching the stroller! (I'm not venturing to the mall again until I get a Sit and Stand Stroller!) We met Nancy and Ellen my work friends for lunch and ended up staying at the mall for 4 hours I got lots of walking done! I figured since the worst had happened and we all survived it that we could stay and enjoy the day! We did!

Best purchase of the day: Matching PJ's for the boys -- They are camo and one says BIG BROTHER and the other says LITTLE BROTHER. Terry was beyond thrilled at finding them!

When we got home at 5pm Steven promptly suggested we go to the MALL! So off we went to Bass Pro at Concord Mills. It was quite the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment